Every now and again we don’t feel like dropping $12-$15 on a drink, but this is New York City and that is the normal price for a drink. I am about to give you the keys to success to keep that wallet full and the drinks flowing while in Manhattan
- Bar B – Don’t come here expecting a seat unless you come to dine at this Italian tapas restaurant and bar located in Chelsea. Their happy hour includes $5 select wines, $4 select beers, and $8 bites as well. Keep in mind this is a tapas restaurant so you are going to want to order several dishes to have you satisfied, and if you manage to snag a seat at the bar.
- The Gin Mill – This establishment is actually owned by the NYC Hospitality Alliance Group that also owns Down The Hatch, 3 Sheets Saloon, and Off The Wagon. The group is so successful at giving frugal New Yorkers exactly what they want that they own a total of 8 locations throughout the city. The Gin Mill has a little more class compare to the other locations in my opinion and is located on the Upper West Side. They have not ONE, but TWO happy hours. Their first happy hour starts at 11:30am and goes until 8pm in which the entire bar is half off. But then from 8pm to close (which is 4am) they offer half off all beer and shots.
- Fat Black Pussycat – Don’t late the name keep you from good music and an amazing happy hour in the Greenwich Village. It’s kind of nice in NYC to go to a place where you order a drink, give the bartender a $10, and actually get change back. Their happy hour runs Sunday through Thursday from 4pm – 8pm. While the bar get full pretty fast and early they have a separate room with large velvet couches and cocktail waitresses that will get your drink order for you.
- Website: www.thefatblackpussycat.com
- Botancia Bar – Working in the SoHo I have learned it is hard to find a bar with affordable prices. Botancia Bar is only a hop, skip, and jump away in NoLita but is tucked away in a basement level bar. They happy hour starts at 4 and ends at 8pm but includes $4 ciders and beers, $5 wine, and $4 mixed drinks. Sounds like a winner? Get here by 6pm to get a decent seat. They do not have a heavy social media presence or website but they are located at 47 East Houston, New York, NY 10012.
- At The Wallace – Don’t worry Uptown because I got you covered as well. At The Wallace is the sister bar to Harlem Public but with lower prices, wine on draft, waffle fries, a life size Jenga game, and arcade games as well. Their specialty mixed cocktails are $8.50 and their draft beer ranges from $5 – $8 depending on the size. They have a good mixed crowd and even outdoor seating, and we all know New Yorkers have an infatuation with sitting outside seating.