Fashion and food very rarely go hand and hand. Fashion and music almost ALWAYS go hand and hand since music artists help to set fashion trends. While cruising in the infamous SoHo shopping district of New York City, food and fashion go hand and hand.
SoHo is known for having storefronts for well-known brands such as Alexander Wang, Rag & Bone, Isabel Marant, and Ted Baker. With 26 blocks jammed packed with premier shopping you are sure to find something to suit any fashionista. While shopping you are guarantee to work up some type of appetite. While working in SoHo I have complied a long list of favs, but I narrowed it down to just 5 of my favorite places to grab a bite or a drink to take the shopping edge off:
- Lure FishBar – Considered an upscale seafood restaurant with only the freshest selection. The decor is unforgettable and the entire restaurant appears to look like the inside of yacht. The Lobster Mac N Cheese will make you lose your religion, and the wine list will make your head spin with choices.
- Georgetown Cupcake – Sometimes while shopping you just need a sugar rush as a pick me up, and Georgetown has you covered. They have certain cupcakes that they make daily, and over 12 monthly seasonal cupcakes.
- La Esquina – Fresh authentic Mexican food that is available for whatever pace you have going for your day of shopping. If you are in a rush you can order from their take out window, or you can have a seat at their cafe while taking a load off. Also, at night the lower level, which is called the brasserie, has a DJ that is spinning 5 NIGHTS A WEEK. La Esquina is also known to be your fav’s favorite place. I am speaking of the one and only, QUEEN BEY! She has been photographed CONSISTENTLY coming out of La Esquina dating all the way back to 2007. La Equina and Bey got history honey… and a longer running relationship than most folks. If you can’t be Beyoncé then you might as well dine and kick it like her.
- Delicatessen – I kind of cheated on this one because it falls one short block outside of SoHo. But who is going to let one short NYC block keep them from good food? Delicatessen is one of my favorite casual sit down restaurants that includes a large bar and all the beautiful people of SoHo neighborhood. Deli is a restaurant that serves up international comfort food. So what does that mean? There is something for anyone on their menu from buttermilk fried chick, 9 types of mac n cheese, or diver sea scallops. Some of my favorites include include the shrimp dumplings featured below and the breakfast burrito as well. They are also open for breakfast at 7:30am if you don’t want to shop on an empty stomach.
- Balthazar – A Soho must regardless if want a snack from the bakery or enjoying a sit down brunch or dinner. Regardless of what time of the day you chose to dine expect a wait because this is a hotspot for tourist, but for good reason as well. Balthazar is French bistro that includes a spectacular raw seafood bar and pastries that will make you forget your diet. Balthazar has no social media pages so you will have drool via Yelp pictures or searching the hashtag universe.
- Website: www.balthazarny.com